Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Segment: Companies that are making a difference!

Another regular segment I want to share here on this blog will emphasize influential organizations around the world that are making a difference. There are so many people all over the planet that have amazing dreams and ambitions who are actively making a difference for those with many types of needs. And while these organizations have the heart to make an impact for others, they often need a voice/platform to share what they are doing and also the funds to make their ambitions possible. I hope to meet both of those needs on this blog: both highlighting their work and also funding their dreams.

While I’m just an average girl with a small voice and a little money, I’ve dreamed about how I can make a difference and partner with these organizations. I love reading and researching companies that are reaching out to those in need and I often find myself sharing my findings with those around me: “Did you know company ABC is providing this mother a new opportunity to provide for her kids?” or “Have you heard about that precious little boy that had his wish to go to Disney World granted the other day?” And before I realize it, this researching and reading not only changes my outlook on this world and the great people in it, but it also informs those around me and they want to jump in and contribute. Therefore this blog and public platform has become a perfect way for me to not only enjoy my hobby and feed my enthusiasm, but to also inform those who are interested in hearing great stories about average people making extraordinary contributions.

So each month I’ll share what organizations all over the world are achieving. By highlighting their services and sharing their stories, I hope that this blog will serve as a voice for their accomplishments. And as far as the funding goes, I want to do my part. Each month, I’m going to give $100 to an organization that I highlight here on the blog. I’ll bring a few different people/orgs to the table and each month, I want you as readers to help me decide who to give to. Hopefully this will give you a chance to get involved vocally –but it’ll also provide a way for you to get involved financially too. Maybe one of these companies will just really touch your heart and giving financially will be a way for you to partner with them. It also provides a way for me personally to get behind the companies and support them not only vocally but financially too!

I can’t wait to start! Looks like we may have a snow day again here tomorrow so I’ll have some time to post and share about some great companies that have already touched my heart with their accomplishments. And as always, please send me an email by clicking on CONTACT ME or leave a comment with organizations/people in your community that are making a difference.

I'd love to hear from you! Thanks again for coming along for the journey!


No comments:


May 2010- Haiti



Nicaragua- March 2009

Search This Blog