Tuesday, June 7, 2011

T-3 Days

Every time I go on a trip like this, there's always a child that steals my heart. 

In Ghana I fell in love with several specific children but Afua (Af-wa) definitely stood out and won me over by her mischievous ways. Whether she was causing trouble or being sweet and kind, I immediately took a liking to her.

She was also quite the little dancer and the most athletic little kid I've ever seen. She beat all the boys her age in whatever sport we were playing (maybe that's why I took a liking to her so much :) ) and was quick as lightening. I remember standing in shock watching her run circles around everyone else.

This little video makes me smile every time I watch it and takes me back 6 years to the wonderful 2 weeks I stayed with these kids. Afua is the second one from the right, wearing a white shirt. She's really the one dancing the most (especially at the end) so you definitely can't miss her! Where does a 5 year old learn to dance like that?!?!? Cracks me up!

And some of you may recognize the Sunday school song... "The Lord is my shephard, I'll walk with Him always... always... always... I'll walk with Him always"



1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'll be praying for a safe trip for you guys! Can't wait to hear about the stories and the amazing ways you guys are being called to help.
And I'm the same way, there is always one child that steals my heart on mission trips. =)


May 2010- Haiti



Nicaragua- March 2009

Search This Blog